Saturday, February 16, 2013

Well.... It's Saturday Again

Today was a pretty good day. We got quite a lot done! I got to go on a road trip to Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's to get fabric for our bumper covers so I wasn't around for a while. I am told though that while I was gone:
Hannah made a bracket for a sensor, and that she is currently working on a replacement shaft for one of our wheels. Jeremiah made a mount for the climbing system and was working on that whole device. Matthew S has been mounting the shooter to the prototype robot. Thant way we can keep working on it after we put the other robot in it's bag. Tyler machined some parts for the robot. The Andrews have been working on stuff... while Madeline has been working on code. Ryan made different spacers and other random things for the robot, and was the one telling me all of this so he didn't have to blog.... so if it's wrong it's not my fault ;).

Jessica B.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Work Continues!

Today was a day full of hurry up and wait. In the mechanical room, the robot proceeded to remain brokded, apparently the fault was in the digital sidecar which was being a jerk and not working. Tim worked on a new motor mount to mount the special motor that does that one thing on our robot. He also made shafts for this motor and cut a key way because apparently motors are locked. I made it so the robot can float on a magical pillow of air blown from Mikes lungs (really it works by a winch pulling on an arm that is exactly 22.5 inches off the ground and 1 17/32 inches from the outside of the robot.) Yeah that's all that happened today at Muncie robotics.


Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Tuesday!!!

We are now hooking up the shooter, and are having a little trouble getting it to fit within the limit. The bands are going on the lift, and there are a few miner problems that are also being worked on.

Later in the evening we took our whole robot over to the gym to do a little test practice. It went pretty well actually. We made a few shots in a row with our new shooter and it was pretty accurate. It will be even better once we have it adjusted so that it will fire perfectly every time.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Down to the Wire

We are to the final count down for this build season. We only have one more week left to finish the robot for this year! So far we have come quite a ways with out prototyping so now we really have to get going on our actual bot! For an extra work day, tonight was pretty quiet. We did manage to get quite a bit done though~

We have the actual tower ready to go now, and the drive base was finished a while ago. We are still working on the shooter part, and we plan to be testing it by tomorrow. For tonight though we have been working on other things.

With all of this going on in the machine shop there wasn't much being done in the computer lab.

In other news, THE ROBOTICS SCRIMMAGE MATCH IS THIS SUNDAY!!! So spread the word and invite your friends to come and watch a practice robotics match going on live in the old Ball Gym Sunday afternoon!

~Jessica B.

Sunday, February 10, 2013


Today we did our first test launches of the new launcher. The distance achieved was spot on and consistency was pretty good for a first attempt. The CAD team cadded the cad for the launcher, again using the wonderful language of math to figure out where the guide for the launcher should become straight in order to hit the goal. The mechanical team worked on the axles for the frisbee pickup system, and started work on a funnel for the frisbees to enter the pickup. It doesn't sound like much but this was all accomplished by a group of seven to five people!